We respect the young creative mind and exist to nurture its passion and potential. We believe that the pursuit of mastery in an artistic field, paired with a strong individual sense of purpose, leads to a wide range of positive outcomes for both the student and the community.
Baltimore School for the Arts seeks to prepare the next generation of the creative workforce by providing inspiring arts and academic training to high school students as well as opportunities in the arts to younger children and the greater community.
The Core Values we believe are critical to the personal development of each student and an important underlying philosophy of the institution:
Curiosity, Confidence, Expertise
Collaboration, Purpose, Global Perspective
- Provide relevant and challenging foundational arts and academic training that supports our core values
- Support innovative and pertinent educational opportunities for students and staff to inform and support their creative work
- Facilitate a culture of collaboration and interdisciplinary thinking
- Recruit and retain high quality arts and academic faculty and leadership
- Make excellent post-secondary training a viable option for every student
- Access BSA alumni as professional resources for current students—both during matriculation and beyond
- Develop and align financial resources to meet student educational needs and evolving institutional demands of physical and technological infrastructure for all members of the BSA Community.
- Maintain and grow our profile and relationships with local and national decision makers
- Find opportunities for positive partnerships
As the efforts of implementation begin, we'll need to consider, as a community, how to bring those values to life across the school. That's a huge charge, but it's the next step in the life of this institution. Again, we invite you to spend some time with this document, consider how it might affect our kids and consider how its values can be intentionally included in our daily activities.