About BSA

Department Heads Tour UMD
Department Heads Tour UMD
Department Heads Tour UMD
10.03.16

Director Chris Ford and arts department heads Roz Cauthen, Paul Christensen, Mellasenah Edwards, Norma Pera, and Archie Veale visited the University of Maryland, College Park, campus on Wednesday. The team met with the leadership of the College of Arts and Humanities, and then each department head toured his or her respective department.

“It was a wonderful opportunity to return the favor and visit the College Park campus, because their leadership visited BSA’s campus some time ago,” said Dr. Ford. “We want to continue to build this relationship, and encourage our students seriously to consider the opportunities available to them at public schools in the state of Maryland.”

Pera, the director of the Dance Department, enjoyed learning more about College Park’s offerings.

“It’s a very interesting program, particularly for people who are inclined to interdisciplinary, collaborative work,” Pera said.

The group also ran into several BSA alumni during their tour, including Justin Alston, Amber Merritt, Tyasia Velines, and Jasmine Watkins. The students are doing well, and Amber was preparing to graduate in December from UMD’s acting program.

One more great college for BSA seniors to consider this fall. Don’t forget our college fair on October 15!

« Go Back

View All Recent News Articles

Support BSA. Click Here To Donate.
"I was an inner-city kid, and the school exposed me for the first time to a number of cultures. That helped to break down biases. From 8 to 4, it was our own little utopia."
Antonio Hart
Class of 1986, Grammy-nominated Jazz Saxophonist

Featured GALLERY