About BSA

BSA students honor Dr. King and the anniversary of important civil rights events in 2013-2014.
12.26.13
In celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday and the Inauguration of President Obama in January 2013, BSA students had the opportunity to work with television producer James Blue to film their interpretation of Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech.  Filmed at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in Washington, DC, their segment aired on BET's coverage of the inauguration.  Click here for an excerpt.  In September 2013, students built on this experience to present an all-school assembly marking the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. King gave the famous speech. For a recap of the assembly, click here. Other student-led events centered on civil rights and the historic events of 1963 and 1964 have been a feature of the school year.

« Go Back

View All Recent News Articles

Support BSA. Click Here To Donate.
"I was an inner-city kid, and the school exposed me for the first time to a number of cultures. That helped to break down biases. From 8 to 4, it was our own little utopia."
Antonio Hart
Class of 1986, Grammy-nominated Jazz Saxophonist

Featured GALLERY