The Baltimore School for the Arts completed an extensive renovation and expansion in December of 2007. The school is now housed in two connected buildings, the landmark Alcazar Building, formerly a hotel dating to the 1920’s, and a mid-19th century historic Brownstone at 704 Cathedral Street. Designed to support the school’s mission and unique needs, BSA facilities include:
- three state-of-the-art dance studios;
- a recital hall and an historic performance hall;
- a black box theatre;
- ensemble rehearsal and teaching studios for music and theatre;
- keyboard labs and music MIDI studio;
- a digital photography lab, art studios and an exhibition gallery.
- a video/audio/design lab for theatre production, and costume and scene shops;
- new academic and science classrooms/labs and a lecture hall;
- a library housing the Center for Collaborative Arts & Technology; and
- a fitness center.
For a location and parking map, click here.