Thank You for Supporting BSA!
Did you know that a third of the funding for BSA's high school and more than two thirds of the funding for TWIGS and other community outreach programs is donated by people like you? Your support makes an incredible difference in the lives of our young artists and scholars!
Gifts to the BSA Foundation enable us to provide critical programs including:
- performances, recitals and exhibitions by students – the heart of the arts curriculum
- academic initiatives including preparatory summer bridge work, intensive tutoring and extensive test preparation
- collaborative efforts with Baltimore’s premiere cultural institutions
- residencies and master classes with luminaries in the arts
- individual summer study scholarships for juniors to study at nationally renowned programs and last-dollar college scholarships
- ALL of the specialized instructional materials and necessary supplies including academic text books, art books and scripts, CDs and videos, computers, pointe shoes, paint brushes, musical instruments and scores
- TWIGS -- BSA's free after school and Saturday arts instruction program for more than 700 children in the 2nd-8th grades. Funded almost entirely through the BSA Foundation, this program offers opportunities for arts instruction to Baltimore's children, many who might not otherwise have access to the arts.
To make your gift, click here.
Gifts can be made to BSA's annual fund and can be unrestricted or restricted to specific programs or departments. Donations can also be added to named scholarship funds or can be designated for BSA's Endowment. To learn more about specific giving opportunities, click here. If you'd prefer to mail your gift, simply make your check out to the Baltimore School for the Arts Foundation and mail it to Baltimore School for the Arts, 712 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Please indicate in the memo line of the check any special designations for the gift. Thank you!
You may be able to double or even triple your gift with a Matching Gift from your employer or your spouse’s employer. Please inquire at your Human Resources Department.
Gifts of Stock
Securities are often the best way to make a gift to the School. There is a two-fold benefit to making a gift of this nature: a charitable deduction for the current fair market value and no personal capital gains taxes on the appreciation. For more information about gifts of securities, please contact our Development Office 410-625-0403.
Other Ways to Support BSA
If you have a Target Red Card, please enroll in their school giving program at www.target.com/tcoe. If you shop at Giant Food, please register with the store so that BSA will receive credit: our school ID is 01212. You can also sign up online at www.giantfood.com/aplus. We participate in the United Way's Maryland (Code 1021) and Combined Charity Campaigns (Code 2132).
Support the Library
In addition to supporting Baltimore School for the Arts through the school’s annual fund, with a minimum donation of $25.00, you can also buy a book, dvd, playscript, music score, or compact disc for the school’s library. You can honor someone’s birthday, anniversary, wedding or graduation or memorialize a loved one. Each item receives a personalized bookplate and an acknowledgement is sent to the donor and the honoree. Click here for more info on our library.